Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Food

I never anticipated that food would be such an issue when I became a mom. It takes up so much time: breakfast, second breakfast, cleaning up from breakfast, snack packing, lunch (three ways), cleaning up from lunch, dinner planning and prep, dinner which is often met with, "I'm not eating that!" And then there's dinner clean-up, and loading and unloading the dishwasher. And the various food accidents that occur throughout the day. There's all that and then there's all the conversation around it, the whining, begging, refusing, complaining -- the negotiating!

So, I had to laugh the other day when the first words I heard for the day which came from Beck who was laying next to me in bed were,

"Let's start eating!"

2 comments:

TT said...

Tell him to save some room for the Thanksgiving turkey! See you in a week.

Anonymous said...

i often feeling like my whole day revolves around the kitchen and food - planning, prepping, cleaning, discussing, and of course eating. sometimes i feel inspired about it, but most of the time i wonder if i will ever get out of the kitchen!

xo, sk