Sunday, November 9, 2008

Getting Caught Up

I'm not sure where my motivation to work on my blog went, but it seems to have vanished for the past week or so. The problem is that now every time I look at the computer I feel guilty so I thought I should resume my efforts. Here goes.

Let's see. We have a new president! The whole election day I felt like this:

YES! YES! YES!

And what else... Ember is crawling. She's still a little herky jerky and sometimes she ends up going backwards until she's wedged under the furniture, but she's getting around. I can see that things will be busier around here now that she's mobile. She is into everything!

I set up my sewing machine after 5 years of having it packed away. It took me more than a week to wind the bobbin and get the tension right, but I think it's ready to go now. I'd like to sew a little curtain for the opening under the stairs. It's only visible when you're in the utility room, but since I spend a lot of time there - doing my daily meditation and laundry I think it would be nice to spruce the place up.

And I've also been doing a lot of reading about homeschooling. After I finished John Holt's book called Teach Your Own I was ready to commit to it. And then I read Hard Times in Paradise by David and Micki Colfax. They left their professional jobs and moved their family to an undeveloped piece of property in northern California. They started their own little homestead - built a house, raised animals, grew their food, and homeschooled their children who ended up going to Harvard for college. It was pretty inspiring!

Our bright blue fall days are gone. Now it's rain and raking leaves. We gathered up 12 bags this weekend!

Here are a few photos from Halloween. Beck went as Robin and Yogi was an explorer.

3 comments:

emme said...

Yeah - I'm still kind of in shock about Barack winning. As it got closer and the poles said things were going his way, I felt a tiny spurt of hope. When they started projecting his win on Tuesday, it grew even more, but I had to turn on the TV first thing Wednesday morning to find out if it was really true. so YES! We have a new president, one I'm not embarrassed to claim.

The boys pics are so cute, you can tell they really enjoyed the whole Halloween season!

Good for Ember - she'll be unstoppable now.

Glad you are back at the blog :)

Margi said...

I can't wait to see Ember crawling! Grandma will have to put up the baby gate on her stairs now.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back! I was a little worried! Can't wait to see Ember in action!