Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ember Update

We received Ember's new birth certificate in the mail yesterday so our next step is to get her social security number. And once we have that we can take those two documents plus our Decree of Adoption and then apply for her citizenship. That will feel like a big day!

Other news is that her first tooth is just breaking through her gums. This explains some very unusual behavior over Thanksgiving weekend. We actually took her to an urgent care clinic because she had several outbursts of screaming, wasn't sleeping well, and just not acting like her usual happy self. I thought she might have an ear infection, but the doctor couldn't find anything wrong with her and suggested she might be teething. He was right!

She has also begun to pull herself up to a standing position so I can see that very soon we'll have a little cruiser on our hands.

I know it sounds corny to say it, but I feel like I love her more and more all the time. I keep asking myself, Did I feel like this with the boys? Did my attachment grow stronger over time? To be honest, I don't remember. And it's not that I didn't love Ember and want to care for her and protect her and cuddle her from the start, it's just that I feel even more of that now. And more of something that I really can't find the words for, something deep down and basic and wonderful. She's my baby girl!

No comments: