Monday, May 11, 2009

Busy, Busy

It's been awhile, hasn't it? It's Ember's fault. She is so busy these days, busy pulling all the books off the shelves, all the tupperware out of the drawers, all the bandaids, all the little baskets of toys, all of anything and everything she can get her hands on, she dumps it and drags it around the house. She is such a little sweetie and if I see her doing it and tell her to stop or put things back, she's delighted to comply. It's just that I can't be everywhere she is all the time. Usually I'm a few steps behind trying to put away the mess she leaves in her wake.

But besides that, we've been getting some bids on finishing the fireplace downstairs. It's plumbed for gas so we're having a gas insert installed and covering the old bricks with some new seagrass limestone tile. The insert we want is from the Regency contemporary collection, but instead of the blue glass fire bed we're thinking of going with spa stones and river rock accent pebbles. Still working out some details, though.

And I've been trying to work on a little sewing project. It's a pattern for a small zippered bag that I bought when Yogi was a baby. I can only manage a few minutes at a time, but I actually did make some progress last week.

And the weeds. Well, what can say?! I've already complained about those plenty of times. Just don't look at some of the gardens in the back yard. It's bad!

Ember's at it again. I still haven't had a shower and it's almost 10:30 in the morning. The garden beckons, my sewing project awaits, and the laundry is piling up. Time to go.

4 comments:

emme said...

The blue glass is kind of pretty. Hey, the weeds are a constant battle in these rainy places, well even in Arizona...I don't know how you would have time what with chasing the kids and all. I try to pull some everyday after work and I can't keep up. See you all in June - I can hardly wait to see Ember running around. :)

Anonymous said...

We are actually going with "spa stones" (fancy term for rocks) rather than the blue crystals. It isn't so much that we like crystals/stones as the fake logs look a little cheezy.

Ember is a super cute toddler, but she sure is a lot of work these days...

Chris

Anonymous said...

Keep smiling!

Anonymous said...

Start saving. Ember will need braces.

Keep smiling!