Thursday, May 28, 2009

Checking In

Hello there. I'm just checking in since it's been so long. And while I do feel a little guilty, I'm also enjoying the time that not blogging has opened up. Of course it's not a lot of time, but instead of spending those precious few minutes a day writing about what we're doing or what I'd like to be doing, I've been doing more!

I recently got a Fluke ukulele which is the most fun I've ever had on a musical instrument. After years of struggling with my guitar and never having much success, I got the uke and suddenly I can play! And it's so small and light, I can take it anywhere. Seriously, it's a blast! Here's a utube bit of someone demonstrating the flea - same company, but a little smaller than the fluke.

And I've been sewing. I'm finally making the little "humbug" bags - a little twisted zippered bag that's darling and useful and perfect for all my little scraps of fabric and for gifting. Here's a short tutorial - although I bought this pattern for making it a tiny quilted bag.

And I'm on a do-it-yourself kick these days. Thinking about turning our yard into an edible landscape, an urban homestead. That won't happen this year, but maybe we can start small and make it part of our homeschooling journey. My sister's yard and what she's able to grow is AMAZING. Well, in terms of being an urban homesteader, she's way ahead of me!

Anyway. I'm not throwing in the towel entirely for this blog and I'll try to keep photos posted, but I'm easing off a bit.
Check

No comments: