Monday, June 8, 2009

Camp For a Day


During college I spent my summers working at Camp Sealth, a large residential summer camp on Vashon Island. So I was really excited that this past weekend they had a family day with all the traditional camp activities available. We took our relatives who were visiting for the week, packed a picnic, and headed out for a day of camp. Just being there in the place where I made so many summer memories and good friends, and laughed the hardest I've ever laughed in my life - it made me more than a little nostalgic. Plus it was so fun to see our own kids experiencing a taste of camp. They loved it!
Here's Grampa Tommy with Ember on the Boata Dock.


An abandoned hummingbird's nest with four tiny, perfect eggs.


Yogi waits to get his craft project ironed. He made a fuse beads square.

On our hike back from the archery range we spotted a Western Tanager in the distant trees - a bird I've rarely seen.

1 comment:

Kass said...

ooh - we saw a tanager on a tree outside our dining room window - they are stunning! i love your pic - tanagers seem impossible in the northwest's sea of green