Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine Bath


I was feeling chilled after spending some time outside at the park with the boys yesterday and it was Valentine's Day so I decided to take a few moments to myself and settle into a hot bath - something I do only once or twice a year. I lit a candle, filled the bath as deep and as hot as I could, stepped in and had about 15 seconds to myself before the boys found me and came wandering in..."Mama? What are you doing? That looks like fun!"

And in the next instant they had stripped down and gotten in with me. And a few minutes later they said, "Mama, can you get out? You're too big!" So much for my bath. They were really excited by the candle, too!

5 comments:

emme said...

love, love, love the pics! what kind of camera do you have? (just kidding)

emme said...

by the way - this story just proves what joe's father always said "when you've got kids, you've got nothing but kids."

Anonymous said...

Lock the door!

Anonymous said...

Actually, in this case I do have to give the camera a little credit. Without the 1600 ISO setting and a fast image stabilizing lens, I could not have taken these pics. Chris

emme said...

i'm impressed - 1600 iso!!!