Saturday, March 7, 2009

Home Again

Just wanted to let everyone know that the surgery went ok and I'm back and feeling a lot better today. The last time I had general anesthesia I woke up feeling wonderfully warm and super relaxed, but yesterday it didn't go like that. Instead I woke up feeling like I had a terrible hang-over. The room was spinning, I felt a little nauseous, and I had a pounding headache. I have another appointment next Friday with my doctor who will tell me the lab results. I'll spare you the details of my personal experience, but the medical term for my problem is menorrhagia and it's been going on since last October. Not a good time.

Today is Ember's first birthday! My parents were nice enough to take the boys for the day so that I could catch up and catch my breath and later I'll drive over with Ember for her birthday dinner.

3 comments:

emme said...

I'm glad you are feeling better...Happy Birthday to the cutie pie :)

Deni said...

Thank heaven for Grandparents!

Gretchen said...

I am so very glad you are beginning to feel better.... You've been dealing with this since last October?! Yuck, yuck, yuck. I'm keeping all limbs crossed for Friday's lab results- may they be full of joyous news!!