Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lego Organization

So, I'll know my kids are seriously getting older when Legos (and organizing them!) stop being one of the main parts of my job as house manager. Here are a few sites that caught my eye to help with our legos:Box 4 Blox is a clever storage / organizing tool that simply sorts all your legos into like size groups.Be sure to check out the video to see it in action. And then this site has a nice article on how to organize your legos for efficient building.

We still just sort into 4 categories using a 3 drawer organizer and one big lidded tub, but I'm always looking for good ideas!

The Thompson System:

bodies, body parts, and completed figures
accessories
itty bitties

all the rest.

2 comments:

emme said...

Our organizational technique was to have two boxes. When the first one was full, the rest went into the second one. The funniest thing was to come home and find Joe fighting with Shea over who got to use which ones. Shea is 21 and just last year he put together all his special Legos projects and put them on his shelf - so it may be a long time before the kids outgrow them.

Deni said...

I have large boxes in my garage that the boys labeled "Space Lego" and "Aquatic Lego" and other various genres of Lego. I also have about ten clear plastic shoeboxes of assorted Lego still stacked in Brian's closet. They come in handy for visiting nephews.
I absolutely love the Box 4 Blox system. Wow!