Sunday, August 17, 2008

Light and Free

Ach, it's been so hot here. Hot and muggy. Even my knees were sweaty today. Is that possible? Can knees sweat? Anyway, we've also had a lot of visiting relatives which is fun and a little extra busy which keeps me away from the computer.

Other than that, I've been busy just catching up with life. I put so many little projects on hold during the entire adoption year -- and some had been on hold since my first pregnancy. Now that Ember is home I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Finally we're done with having babies and recovering from it. We don't have to have any more conversations about whether or not to add to our family and how. Our family feels complete and I feel light and free about it.

I don't think I realized how much mental energy I was putting into the adoption - and before that, our pregnancies. And I'm not saying that it's easy or that I'm not utterly exhausted or that I just walk around glowing with happiness. It's just that for the first time in a very long time, I don't feel preoccupied. And that feels nice.

No comments: