Monday, January 5, 2009

Name Game

Have you ever tried to name a blog? I'm thinking about starting another blog - mostly about unschooling - so I've been trying out name possibilities on blogger. The thing is, ALL THE COOL names are already taken. This wouldn't bother me so much if someone was actually using the blog and posting to it, but in every case except one (titled apple slices) the blog name ideas I thought of were taken. Taken as in title + blogspot.com. I don't want a blog title where I have to insert my name or use dashes to distinguish it from the other blogs with the same name. No, I want it neat: simply the title + blogspot.com. And what really, really drives me nuts is that some people don't even use the URL as their blog title. What's up with that?! Drives me nuts.

Here's my list of titles that are taken and that I wanted (and yes, I admit some of them are a little cute!)

inchworm
carrotsticks
cheese and crackers
sugar cubes
nudge
pencil shavings
peanutbutter and jelly
lunchbox

The funny thing is I got a little addicted to trying out names to check availability. I'm not a gambler, but each time I typed in a name and pressed the "check availability" button I felt a squeeze of excitement. And then blogger would always say "sorry, blah, blah, blah, how about susan-inchworm?" No thanks. The name I settled on is middle blue. More about the name and the new blog later!

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

that problem only happens to creative people. I don't have trouble finding names since mine are never cute. that is a compliment to you too!