Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sewing

I'm sew excited (sorry I couldn't help it!) to fool around with my sewing machine again. I bought the machine just before my first pregnancy, but then packed it away for the last 6 years because of moving and having babies and remodeling our house. Now I actually have a place to set it up and leave it out so that I can come and go as necessary and I've even managed to complete a few projects! It took me awhile to re-learn threading the bobbin and adjusting tension, but then I was ready to go. I'm using a wonderful book as my guide (as well as conversations with my mom):Home Decor Sewing 101 My first project was a set of napkins. I got inspired when I saw this fabric collection (Farmer's Market by RJR fabrics) at the store and instantly thought of napkins:
Each one is a separate fabric and there are many more in the collection!)
I also made a few pillowcases for Yogi since my mom had made some for Beck in the past. He fell in love with this Yogi Bear fabric and has used the pillowcase every night since I finished it - which, of course, makes the whole project so satisfying!

No comments: