Monday, December 10, 2007

The I-171H Mystery Solved

While browsing a few of the other Ethiopia adoption blogs I follow, I noticed that many people including folks from my own agency, sent in their dossier without the I 171 H. But in the directions I have, the I-171H is supposed to be included as part of the original dossier. We've already been waiting for 4 weeks for that piece of paper so I called the agency to get this clarified. It turns out that they've changed the policy in the last few months. I was told they would allow me to send in the dossier without it, but that I would now need to change other papers that would need new notarizing and authentication so ultimately I decided that it wasn't worth it. We'll just wait. Which is how I ended my last entry and how I'll probably have to end many of them! I'm just really hoping that we can get all the papers off before Christmas.

No comments: