Sunday, July 13, 2008

We're Back!

Hello, hello! After 37 hours of travel with a baby on our laps, we made it back to Seattle last night. Man, that is one long trip. By the way, for those of you who don't know yet, our baby girl's given name was Emebet so we decided to play with that and named her Ember. Anyway, we hit the ground running this morning with a trip to the ER for wheezing. Ember came down with a cold which developed into a cough, which this morning had turned into wheezing. We decided to play it safe and take her in before it developed into something more serious. She got the usual treatment of albuterol puffs and some oral steroids and was sent home before lunch.

We're tired, but worse than that, Chris and I are both quite nauseous. Since we have no other symptoms and we both came down with it on the same day after so many hours of air travel, we're hoping it's motion sickness. Really hoping.

I have so many stories to share. And some advice too, but for tonight I'll just say that our beautiful Ember is just the sweetest, happiest baby. She is so alert and so full of big smiles. And I can't tell you how happy and relieved I am to have our family back together. I missed our boys terribly. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and have the energy to write more. The whole experience was so amazing I'm not really sure where to start!

6 comments:

Clive and Dawn said...

Welcome back Susan! I cannot wait to hear about your journey and photos of Ember! what a wonderful name! I will waiting patiently :-) congratulations and welcome home to you all!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad you're back and can't wait to hear all about it! Lindy

Jillienne said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear all about your trip and see pictures of your little one!

It took me days and days to feel "normal" again. Jet Lag is not something to be taken lightly!

Jen Z said...

Welcome home! I LOVE the name Ember. That is beautiful!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip and see pics!

los cazadores said...

Woot! I'm so glad you guys are back and safe! Can't wait to read more. BTW, I love the name Ember. Nice choice!

Cindy

Gretchen said...

Welcome home! I'm so glad you're back safe and sound- hopefully you're feeling better today.

I can't wait to see some pictures of your little Ember. And, of course, I've got pen in hand to take down your advice. ;-)