Friday, May 23, 2008

Adoption Update

To be honest I'm getting kind of confused about which "world" I'm in and who I've told what. There's the real world, my blog world with my blogger friends, and now there's my new Yahoo group world. Another person adopting through Children's House International started a Yahoo group which includes several families who are in the exact place we are: have a referral, waiting for the court date. I've already learned a lot from the conversation there which is nice since otherwise I wouldn't have any idea what's going on! This is what I've learned:

1. There are many of us (at least 6 families) who have gotten a referral and are waiting for a court date.

2. That CHI might have already requested a date and we're waiting for the courts to schedule it.

3. That apparently CHI doesn't want a really large group to be scheduled at the same time so there might be more than one date.

Of course, none of this is actually coming from the agency so I don't have the official word on anything, but at this point I'll take what I can get!

We've also started a little planning since we'd like to travel around in Ethiopia while we're there. Luckily there is a person in the Yahoo group who just returned from picking up her new baby and did the same thing herself.

So, that's it. Waiting for a court date, starting to make travel plans.

No comments: