Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Update

So. I finally broke down and called the agency. I was trying to hold off, but I hadn't heard anything - or even received one of their general "newsletters" in well over a month. And to be honest, I was beginning to feel a bit paranoid. Had something changed? Was there a big staffing overhaul? Did something happen in the Thomas Center? Was the program going down? I know this all sounds extreme, but lack of information coupled with intense emotions leads a person to think the worst. At least that's what it did for me.

Anyway, the good news is that all is well. They updated their email distribution list and somehow a letter was left out of my address so I just wasn't receiving anything they sent out. It sounds like they should have another batch of referrals in the next few weeks and with a little luck we should be included in that group! They also said that it is still possible that we could pass through court before they close in August which means our baby daughter could be home with us late this summer! Yay!!

4 comments:

emme said...

if they close in august, does that mean you would be back in seattle before we come to visit? or does it mean august is the last month for court? it would be so great if she is here already.

los cazadores said...

Yay!

Cindy

susan said...

That would mean we would be back home with her! I think the courts have to be open when we travel to pick her up since we have to finish the legal paperwork in the courts while we're there. The courts are closed August and September.

emme said...

oh, that would be so great if you have her home before we come!!! :) and i'm glad to know you won't be out of the country when we come to visit.