Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Adoption Granted!

I started checking my email at 6:30 this morning and at 7:30 a note arrived with the title "Adoption Granted"! We've been waiting so long to hear those words and I'm a little overcome with feeling when I type it. Can you believe it? It worked out! She's been in our hearts since we first heard about her and now she's officially part of our family. Forever.

Our projected embassy date is the 8th of July. This means we'll meet her for the first time on July 7th which is her 4 month birthday. And because we want to spend our first week in Ethiopia traveling around, we'll probably leave on June 28th! That's just a week and a half away! Oh my goodness!

On with the pictures! I wish I could share her name with you, but Chris and I haven't totally worked this out yet. Here she is!


This was included with her referral at two months.


Here she is at 3 months!

9 comments:

Gretchen said...

Oh. My.
Oh my.
Oh my, oh my, oh my! Congratulations! Jason and I are SO thrilled and happy and over the moon for you and yours. Talk about a beauty! WOW!!!

Jen Z said...

Beautiful! Congratulations again! So great that you're traveling next week!!

Anonymous said...

I've been checking all morning and was so thrilled to hear from Dad that the okay came through. Don't know how you can stand to wait until July to hold her now that she is officially yours! Yes I know it is nothing compared to the wait you have already had :) She is so beautiful and I can hardly wait to see you all in August.

Jocelyn said...

CONGRATS!! She is so beautiful! Now get packing:-)

Adoption Cubed said...

Congratulations! Sweet, sweet pictures.

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations. You will have such a good time traveling in Ethiopia - getting to know her country. And the best part is you will met your daughter at the end. I can't wait to hear about your experience.
~ Heather

los cazadores said...

What a beautiful doll! Congrats. Fantastic!

megan said...

She is beautiful!!!

Clive and Dawn said...

Congrats Mommy! She is beautiful!