Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Immunizations (Updated with Cost!)

Here's the list of the suggested immunizations for people traveling to Ethiopia. I don't think they are required, but recommended.

Cost: $50.00 for the office visit each and for each person:

polio booster $38
meningococcal $107
typhoid $55
Hep A $34
Hep B $38
tetanus $50
yellow fever $86

That's a lot of shots and expensive! Our insurance company only covers "regular" immunizations. We have our appointment at the department of health first thing on Monday morning. Not looking forward to it either.

4 comments:

Jen Z said...

I just got mine the other day (those I didn't get for China already). Good to know we're on the same page there. Now to figure out how to get meds for the babies! :P
Jen

Gretchen said...

I'm worried about the cost... would you mind sharing that (or at least the range) so we can start budgeting?

Good luck!

susan said...

HI Courtney Rose,

I updated with cost. I was also surprised since I didn't really think about it before! Of course, it's worth it!

Gretchen said...

Thanks for posting the cost. YIKES. I didn't think immunizations were going to hurt my pocketbook quite that much. But you have given me time to plan and prep- thank you!