Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Over the past several days...

Well, it's finally turned into spring around here. Last week it snowed and now it's in the low 70's. Yesterday we were at the zoo and spent some time in the meadow area where I just laid on my back with my face in the sun letting it soak in, getting a little sun drunk while the kids ran around me. It was nice!

Over the past several days we've had out of town relatives visiting, I turned 40, and now we're back to our regular swim / preschool schedule. Turning 40 was uneventful - except for the fact that I spent several hours in a walk-in medical clinic because Ember came down with pink eye. I did think about it more than any other birthday I can remember. It doesn't seem old - well, at least I don't feel old, but it's definitely not young. So here I am in the middle, middle aged.

I'm getting a little impatient to be done with preschool now. I like the school and the teachers very much, but with the weather getting nicer, I'd rather be doing other things with the boys - or just having more freedom in our schedule to hit the road, go to the cabin, have a picnic on the beach. It'll happen soon enough.

1 comment:

emme said...

It snowed here yesterday! I want spring back.