Thursday, April 30, 2009

Weeding and Dreaming


I don't know what it is, but lately I've been feeling absolutely starved to do something creative. I'm even considering learning to weave - something I've wanted to do for a long time. I even went to our local weaving store and checked out the looms. Maybe someday I'll get a used table loom and make some delicious handwovens. It looks like the best place to start with that is to take a beginning weaving class at that store, but I don't think that'll be possible until next fall.

So, for the time being, I'm going to try to do more sewing. The truth is I have so little time for anything that being creative feels more like what I do in my thoughts and dreams. And anyway, it's spring which means any free moment goes into the garden, my "weed garden" as Yogi referred to it. And to mowing and edging. Anyway, that's what I've been up to: weeding and dreaming.

1 comment:

emme said...

that's why i got so into photography again. it was such a quick way to do something that feels creative - especially when i was finishing the dissertation. weaving takes some time, some room and some attention, especially if you want a design in it. ofcourse now i've had to invest in a more expensive camera and spend hours on flicker :)