Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Weed and Read

Today I noticed how messy the kitchen office bookshelves have gotten so I decided to weed the collection a bit. Here are a few that didn't make the cut:

Co-Housing - I've hauled this around for years, but let's face it, I'm not the kind of person who would feel comfortable living with a bunch of other people. I like my privacy and crave solitude and quiet. My family is enough of a co-housing community for me!

Machine Quilting for Beginners: tried it and didn't like it - especially traditional styles. I would like to learn to sew, however!

The Massage Handbook: Not sure why I bought this. Pages and pages of various techniques and diagrams of muscles which seem completely unnecessary at the level I'm interested in taking a massage. Plus I hate the oil.

Living Juicy: What? Lots of ridiculous time-wasters, if you ask me. I just opened to a random page titled "You are Your Journal". It says, "If you're bored, write in great motions just how bored you are, and why." I'll spare you. Besides I already have several journals filled with garbage like that.

Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child: I could never figure out why this book gets recommended. I found it to be unhelpful and completely scattered and disorganized. It's the kind of book that you are compelled to throw across the room in frustration.

Pregnancy Childbirth and the Newborn: Don't need that anymore!

No comments: