Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bloggy Business

Just wanted to mention that I've changed my link lists. My agency sent out an alarming message about blogging and the importance of not revealing any identifying information. I'm not sure if it's an urban legend or what, but I heard that a family lost their referral and any chance of ever adopting from Ethiopia in the future because of posting photos and other details about their referral before a successful court date. And with that scary news almost all CHI bloggers (that's Children's House International, mind you) closed their doors. Well, all but a few that I know of! If there are others lurking out there that have blogs, I'd love to hear from you!

I've added a few links I enjoy reading of other families in the same process, but working through other agencies.

2 comments:

Jen Z said...

Thanks, Susan! I'm totally paranoid about CHI denying us a referral based on any mention of our adoption - right there with you.
Jen

los cazadores said...

OMG, that is scary.

Oh, hello! I just found your blog and its nice to meet you. I'm interested in keeping up with your process as well...I'm having paranoia about all that I've posted about our adoption desires on my blog and the details given your recent post, although we're still a bit far from the referral stage.

Sincerely,

Cindy