Sunday, March 2, 2008

Salon

When I lived in Bozeman, Montana I had a friend who was an English professor at Montana State University. About once season she held a gathering at her house where all of the guests came prepared to share a bit of literature, poetry, or even perform a musical instrument. I remember one guy even sharing some love letters he'd received! She set it up as a potluck and called it a "reading night", but really the more appropriate term (and more fun!) is salon. So, I've been thinking that I'd like to hold a salon in our house this month. Doesn't that sound like fun? Let's see:

postcard invitations
the menu (a light nosh?, wine and cheese?, a sumptuous dessert?)
prepare a piece on my guitar
select a Music Together song the boys know for group participation

I'm already excited!

No comments: