Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Zoo Trip

It's only Wednesday and I've already been to the zoo twice this week. Don't I have the exciting life! Chris took the day off today so between applying coats of finish on the doors downstairs we popped over to the zoo and had a nice afternoon excursion. The baby gorilla was out and active today. Plus the weather was tolerable - even a few sun breaks, and there was almost nobody there - just how I like it!

Other than that I've been busy cleaning and organizing. I'm trying to accomplish at least one new task each day - one thing that isn't part of my normal routine. But let's face it: I'm moving forward at a snail's pace. And I think I've been staying up too late reading The Poisonwood Bible so I'm tired. We did manage to watch a real movie though. It took us two nights, but it was worth it. Match Point, a Woody Allen flick. Suspenseful. Oh, and I made that chocolate cake again and I decided that it tastes like ding dongs. You really should try it yourself. I love ding dongs.



3 comments:

emme said...

isn't the poisonwood bible great - i didn't want it to end.

susan said...

Yes, it is! I feel like the story is growing bigger with each turn of the page. It's complex and has completely drawn me in. Thanks so much for the recommendation!!

los cazadores said...

Lovely pics! I can't wait to get to the zoo - I love spring babies.

Cindy