Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Getting out the Door

In my opinion the hardest part of my job as a stay-at-home mom is getting all three kids out the door - especially if we have somewhere to be at a specific time. This year I have somewhere to be four mornings out of five and it's now crystal clear to me that I need to work on streamlining my routine.

The other day I was working through my morning tasks - packing up bottle and diaper stuff, a bib, extra clothes and a pair of underwear for Yogi (just in case), a bottle of water for the car, my wallet and things, lunches packed for the boys for school, sweaters, indoor shoes (required for preschool) -- believe me, the list goes on. And while I'm packing and preparing all this, I have ongoing drink requests, food requests, help with the potty, I try to make the beds, get a load of laundry going, shower, dress, etc... So by the time I'm actually assisting with putting on shoes and buckling Ember into her car seat, I'm sweaty and panting. Not kidding.

And the other day when I was just at this point Yogi pops out the front door, then turns back to look at me and says with a little mischievous smile on his face, "Mama, I'm in the lead!" And I think to myself, Yes, little man, you are in the lead. And that is exactly how it feels!

1 comment:

RossVix said...

ohhh Boyyy do I relate.

There are times (and I know you relate being a mommy of twins yourself!) when both babies are screeching...I'm trying to get both dressed, changed, and out the door that I literally am sweating. I'm tired before we even get in the car to go!

Oh - next time we travel down to Seattle I will call you and maybe our brood can gather with your brood. (I bet we both get sweaty and tired just thinkin about that one!) :0)