Saturday, September 13, 2008

Infant Preschool

Ember and I had our first day of infant co-op preschool last week. I know, I know, it seems crazy to me too, but I get 3 credits for each quarter and I need the credits.I'm not sure who thought up this idea of preschool for babies, but just as you would expect the "students" were nursing, sleeping, screaming, crawling around, laying around talking to themselves -- you get the picture. But the good news is that Ember loved it! She sat up straight, eyes bright, watching all the people and full of smiles and giggles. She kept leaning forward to look at the moms sitting adjacent to us and then she'd smile big. She really is so cute.

And it's a little strange that she can sit up so well already. She's one of the youngest in the class and so many of the babies were still laying down on their backs unable to sit yet. To see so many of them together reminded me of big baby seals lined up on the dock. When you consider that Ember was basically flat on her back in a crib for the first four months it's even more amazing. That's my girl! I'm looking forward to seeing her in this class as the year progresses and it'll be fun to have this special time just with her.

1 comment:

emme said...

susan, she is so delightful and right on spot with her development. i went to a baby class like that with shea, he crawled all over the other more sedentary babies - i think the other moms hated me. did beck and yogi get their package?