Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Knitting

A few weeks before we left for Ethiopia I decided to knit a sweater for baby Ember. How hard could that be, right? She's only a few months old which means small! So, I got started on it 2 weeks ago and managed to cast on the stitches and knit the first two rows. That's it. And it's been sitting there ever since and every time I look over and see it I think to myself, you must have been out of your mind. The funny thing is that Yogi wants the sweater for himself and the other day he noticed it and asked me if it was finished. Well, if you are a #2 pencil it would make a very nice sweater, but that's it.

Anyway, the whole point to this rambling nothingness is that I keep forgetting how to knit and purl properly and I found these wonderful teaching videos which are just perfect for rusty knitters like myself. And advice for anyone else who wants to knit for their newly adopted baby? Start now before you bring her home!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

When I knit a sweater for my nephew (14 years ago now) i couldn't find a pattern for a baby so his baby gift ended up not fitting him til he was 2! i stopped soon afterwards...