Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Solution

This week I took a few minutes to figure out how to make these days go better. Seriously, I feel like each day I just run in a state of panic trying to catch up with the cleaning and organizing and laundry and getting the kids where they need to go. The muscle tension in my back - a long time issue for me - is getting unbearable so I decided to start with taking a closer look at what needs to be done and how I can make it more manageable. Here are my solutions:

1. Do at least 1 load of laundry every day - no exceptions.
2. Assign all the weekly household cleaning tasks a different day since there is no way on earth for me to do it all in one day any more.
3. Each evening after cleaning up the kitchen, prepare as much as possible for the next morning.

And it's working! The muscle tension isn't any better yet, but my days are better so it's a start.

2 comments:

RossVix said...

Susan
I hope that there is at least half an hour every day built in solely for you to read, walk, rest, meditate, drink a cup of tea...etc.

You certainly deserve it! :0)

And I don't know about you ~ but it makes all of those other chores a little easier...

~Vicki

emme said...

sorry to hear your back is acting up again, but it's good you are taking action to set up a new habit pattern - very occupational therapy! there is hope...casey and shea started doing their own laundry at 10 and 12 respectively - only 6 or 8 years to go! hang in there. :)