Saturday, September 27, 2008

Just Life

Highlights in the last week or so: Little Miss Sunshine. This was hilarious, of course I am a Steve Carell fan. Which is why I was so happy to see that The Office is back on Thursday nights.

What else? Beck is almost swimming. He surprised everyone in his Tadpole swimming class by plunging his head under the water and starting to swim. Not just once, but over and over. I think he figured out how to keep the water out of his nose and suddenly he's trying to do the strokes. To see his face - huge smile and happy chlorine red eyes - I felt a swell of pride myself. He was so excited.

After class that day, I stopped at the mall on the way home to run a few errands and decided that it might be easiest just to eat lunch there. We stood in line at the Nordstrom cafe and after what felt like a long wait, finally got seated and served. After about 30 seconds and one bite of macaroni and cheese, Beck said the 5 words that make any situation come to a screeching halt: "I have to go potty!!" And since there is no bathroom in the Nordstrom cafe - not even on that floor, I had to pack up everything and everybody and that was the end of lunch. We rushed to the elevator and through a bunch of women's wear departments and did make it on time, but barely.

2 comments:

Deni said...

How wonderful to see Beck so excited about learning to swim! Three kids, one adult, in a cafe??? You are a brave one! I've heard it said if you can manage three small children, all at once, you can manage any number. I remember my dad saying, when the fifth one came along they ran out of hands. Beck seems like the kind of boy who doesn't impulsively run into danger. Is that true? If so, that helps, but you have your hands full, no matter what!

emme said...

they are all so cute, i miss them...i've also heard it said that after 3 it's all the same - i'm not sure that's true. i always thought that each child added made it exponentially harder.

wasn't little miss sunshine the funniest? i busted a gut laughing at it...so funny, because it so real in it's relationships