Saturday, September 6, 2008

Half Birthday



Here she is! She was giggling and squealing with delight so hard I was afraid she might hyperventilate. It was adorable.

Tomorrow is Ember's half birthday and this time around I just feel like it's all going too quickly. She is such a little cutie and I'm so enjoying all her babiness. I love the way she rubs her little face with the blanket to help herself fall asleep and then sleeps with her arms up by her face the way babies do. I love the way she sucks on her toes when she's on her back. I love the way she looked at me when the sales lady at Nordstrom gave her a balloon - serious with awe and gratitude just before she went crazy, squealing and kicking her feet she was so excited. I love how she coos softly to herself when she's waking up. I love how she sits with her arms fully extended like she's ready for take-off. I love how her face lights up with a big toothless grin when she sees me. I feel so lucky to have her with us.

2 comments:

Deni said...

You are such a joyful mom! You are also a gifted writer. You describe things so artfully...Maybe a novel in your future?? Ray does the laundry, pretty much; I think he got that from his mom.
It has been very peaceful here. We took Brian to school two weeks ago. It is still odd to put only two plates on the table and I can't quite figure out how to cook for two. We just have leftovers or I try to freeze it. I truly miss the boys, but I am enjoying this new chapter in my life and theirs. They are definitely young adults now, not children. It is an amazing journey. I have loved every phase. I know you will also. Your kids are so lucky to have you and Chris as parents. Enjoy!

emme said...

her little face looks chubbier since we left seattle, she's just growing and growing. i imagine she'll always be such a happy, cheery child. i agree with deni, your kids are so lucky to have you and chris for parents - enjoy! :)