Thursday, February 14, 2008

Progress Report

The chicken: If I could get past the bones, the tendons, the little pockets of blood and so forth, it was pretty good. Beck couldn't even get past the bluish white body of the naked bird sitting on the V rack waiting to be roasted. He looked up, eyes wide, and said, "What is that?" Then he bolted out of the kitchen with a squeal. What I liked better were the leftovers which I mixed into a white sauce, a bechamel, and served with fluffy buttermilk biscuits and broccoli.

The Remodel: Mom and Dad made tremendous progress this week. All of the base and trim around the doors is installed. It is beautiful! And our contractor returned. He hasn't done any work yet, but he did drop off a bunch of tools and wood and says he will be back this weekend.

The Boys:I'll keep it simple: they did not play together for 70 minutes straight today. Can we go back to them not needing me again?

No comments: